Sunday, October 08, 2006

Metaphors


I was thinking about my life. Well, not really my life but life in general. I was thinking about life as a metaphor for life. Then I started thinking about the future.

It is easy to focus on your future health; future finances; future friends.

Thinking about that lead me to think that perhaps you should look not at the most obvious things when planning your future; you should look at the fuzzy part of your future.

What is lurking in you peripheral future?

How do you plan for the part of the future that you can't see?

That is when I heard an intelligent man (whose name I cannot recall) talking about how you cannot control what the world does to you but you can control how you respond. It struck me as the answer. Why should I worry about the future. I should accept events, good or bad, and prepare myself to respond.

The future does not exist.

It is all the present.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I love this. I love this. it is perfect, the photo the thoughts the package.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago