Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stone

A shot of a polished stone for Theme Thursday's Mineral Challenge. I built an adapter so that I could use my old FD lenses and bellows on my 5D. I had to get very close. The stone is sitting on a dime.
This is my setup for shooting the stone (excuse the mess on my table.) The stone can be seen sitting on the dime. The depth of field is very shallow and so it all looks quite fuzzy. It was an experiment and needs lots of fine tuning, especially with the light.

My original thought for Mineral was to post a shot of a friend Al who a miner in a play. Yep, Miner Al. I opted for this instead.

7 comments:

Candie said...

I don't know miner Al,lol but the stone is cool!:D

Megan said...

I think my comment got et up by the meanie blogger monster.

So I say again - unbelievably fantastical!

Brian Miller said...

nice, thanks for showing the set up of the shot as well! hot!

Ronda Laveen said...

Yes, I'm with Brian. It is so nice to see how you got your unique photo. I was wondering if the stone was sitting on a silver tray. Thanks for the 411.

Reyjr said...

ur camera looks really sophisticated. ooh.

:D

Dakota Bear said...

I is great seeing how you did your shoot. The camera set up looks interesting. I see you have a Canon cap. Do you always use Canon cameras? Do you prefer digital or film?

Omar said...

wow, cool try, looks fanstastic

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago