Thursday, March 05, 2009

Glass



When you are shooting photos, it is always nice to have a good piece of Glass. Not essential of course but very helpful.

The glass in this Kodak No. 3-A Folding Brownie Camera from 1902 (before I born) doesn't have great glass by today's standards but it works very well none the less. It has been decades since I used it but it worked well when I did.

You can bypass the glass altogether and use a pinhole camera but I do like some good glass in my cameras. Or, as in this camera, glass and brass.

9 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

fascinating, lovely, awesome!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! Love it, love it, love it!!

Leah said...

So dramatic! It's wonderful! And I have made and used a pinhole camera, but somehow the effect, though interesting, isn't quite what it could be...

The Clever Pup said...

Beatiful.

Megan said...

Those Brownie cameras sure are amazing - and how cool that it still works!

Thanks for the picture!

Cuppa Jo said...

That's a great photo of a nice camera, though I don't know cameras very well. Thanks.

Evening Light Writer said...

They certainly don't make cameras like this anymore, I think this is a piece of art. Thank you for sharing!

Candie said...

wow just love that!

Kris McCracken said...

I like that.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago