Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hope

Hope springs from the cold cold ground.

Today I looked at photographs of dead people. Dead children. Why? Because, if you will pardon the expression, I needed a kick in the balls. A reminder that the entire world is not the paradise that I live in.

I felt helpless but I am not. I can help a little. Feeling helpless and choosing to be helpless are two different things.

I went to a website that is filled with hope. It showed how very little can be used to do so much.

I gave a little money and will try to remember to make it a regular activity.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Beautiful sentiments, Michael and beautiful service from your heart to those in need.

The photo 'aint bad, either.

Lorraine said...

Perfect photo for a beautiful sentiment, I know how you feel, that emptiness sometimes is overwhelming, but everytime you do a kind act, you improve the universe, and I have strong feelings that you do a lot of those :) May 2009 be kind to you too x

Cuidado said...

Happy New Year and you're starting it right with something meaningful to you.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful image and thoughtful sentiment to accompany it. I found your words encouraging! All the best for a fine new year.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    1 year ago