Friday, July 25, 2008

The Barber Shop

I finally had my hair whacked today. It was getting long and shaggy and some people might be ashamed to be seen in public with me.

But that is not the story.

The story is The Barber Shop. I was walking in a back alley and stumbled upon it yesterday. No advertising. No expensive signage. It is just there.

I went in and waited until my turn and when she was about to start I asked if she tool plastic because I never carry cash. She said no. Cash only. I said I would be back. Just going to run to the bank and of course she said no. Let's do the cut then pay me whenever you can get back.

Of course, I sprinted to the bank when she was finished.

That is the way to run a business. It got her a good tip. It got me a good hair cut.

How could I ever go anywhere else now?

4 comments:

Lisbeth said...

Hey... that made me smile!

Cuidado said...

That is typical here, I'd say. Nothing like small town living.

Anonymous said...

was she cute?
And yes, that is good to tip your hairdresser,[barber}

L.M.Noonan said...

lovely story, great photo. You must have guessed by my comments that whilst I think you are a truly gifted 'nature' photographer; it is in this genre that you shine. It's in these that I see the artist. So much photography is well done, technically great but lacking narrative and sometimes a little to easy to read. Give me a little mystery each time.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    1 year ago