Sunday, April 13, 2008

Burn Old Love Letters Unread

I sometimes think I need an island home "entire of itself."

I started going through old papers deciding which to toss and which to keep. The archaeological expedition into those buried memories is the ultimate sin against self. It is quite self destructed in a way.

30 year old memories only remind you that the world is not as it should be. 30 years ago I thought my world would be one way and it is almost the polar opposite.

Give me that home in isolation.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

And if your life would have played out exactly like you thought it should where would you be? With whom? Would you have grown and be as strong as you are now?

The island home does look attractive but it is also vulnerable to anyone who desires to come and plunder. No neighbors to call for help. No one to watch out for you. No...be still my heart...no Internet.

L.M.Noonan said...

My private fantasy involves an inaccesible island and no contact with the rest of the world and technology

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago