Monday, March 05, 2007

Stanley Park Revisited


I read another story about Stanley Park and was reminded of a recent walk through Prince George's Connaught Hill Park where I saw over two trees that had been uprooted by winds. In fact, I think it was three. Could be more though.

I was nearly stricken with grief. Those poor trees.

The photograph above is not of a fallen tree. It is of a standing tree. A standing dead tree. Killed by the dreaded mountain pine beetle which has devastated millions of trees. Millions.

Since 1997, the mountain pine beetle has killed more than 300,000 hectares in the areas around Prince George and Quesnel. That is about 750,000 acres.

They don't, however, compare to the three tress that I saw and the few in Stanley Park.

0 comments:

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    1 year ago