Thursday, December 21, 2006

Foot Fetish


I was thinking about fetishes and actually checked the meaning of the word. A Fetish is an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner. The secondary meaning of an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification seems less interesting.

I guess I have fetishes. They change from time to time but some have been important to me.

A flat stone that I kept in my pocket was one. I guess it was no so much for luck but it focused my mind so that I could accomplish certain tasks. It was very much like a good luck talisman. I thought it brought me luck but I was wrong. It just brought my mind into focus.

1 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I bought a stone--maybe marble--bear years ago and my oldest, the computer geek--said, "Oh, I see you have a fetish." I had no idea what he meant. I hit him. He pretended to be wounded but as usual he knew what a fetish was.

I also kept a flat stone in my pocket. I had written on it, "This is not a stone," from the scripture in Luke 7:11-13 where it says (about our fathers) if we ask for bread will he give us a stone? Of course not. So, it continues, if man wouldn't give a stone to his child neither would God. My trials, everyone's trials, we see them as stones but they are refining us, making us stronger, etc. I carried my stone in my pocket for about two months when I was so worried about my 18 year old daughter, hoping I would realize God was in charge and I would one day come to see this trial as a blessing. Way too complicated for this late at night but it's interesting, your carrying a stone helped you bring your mind into focus and so did mine.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago