Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Life is Like a Simile


Okay, I have lost track. Is this day 14 or day 21 of this mind-numbing insomnia. Who cares, right?

I go to bed and sleep for 30 minutes then wake up with the stupidest thoughts running through my brain. Thoughts about things like "If I am thinking the stupidest thought imaginable, does that make me a stupidist?"

I think about how much extra time I have with this added wakefullness only to realise that it does me no good because my brain is functioning at such a low level that I cannot take advantage of the extra time.

I feel like I am an addict. I am addicted to being awake.

I lay in bed, alone, sleepless, and the only throbbing that is happening in my body is in my brain as it tries to come to a decision concerning the proper time to give up and get the hell out of bed.

My brain has become an old moss-covered fence dividing reality from fantasy, sleep from wakefullness, and it is crumbling and falling. Once it falls completely the mossy fantasy world might overwhelm any crisp reality.

0 comments:

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    1 year ago