Sunday, June 17, 2007

Eight Things About Me

This has been a bear of a job.

L.M. Noonan at http://lmnoonan.blogspot.com is to blame for my participation in this meme of eights. First of all:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight things about ME

1:
I'm shy. That is no surprise to people who know me in "real" life. I always have been. It has caused be to have this strange inability to communicate. Even in groups of two (including me) I become tongue-tied. When I do manage to open my mouth and speak I spew crap. My brain thinks one thing but my mouth just refuses to pay attention.

2:
The flip side of being so shy that I can't speak is that I love being on stage. I have been in theatre for over 35 years. Yikes! Didn't realise I was that old. I can be on stage in front of hundreds but would rather die than address a meeting.

3:
I hate mice. Always have. They give me the creeps.

4:
I like to read mystery novels. That is my shameful pleasure. I like all kinds of novels but for some reason became addicted to mysteries. Especially English detectives.

5:
I am a boring human being. And I cry some times.

6:
I hate Christmas. Always have. I was always sick. Allergic to those damn trees. My favourite Christmas was a few years ago. It was my first Christmas of living alone after being married. I went for a nice walk. It was so quiet outside with so many people cramming food in their mouths. I had a sandwich for Christmas dinner. I also have always hated birthdays. It is nothing to do with age. It is the attention thing. Don't like it.

7:
I have the perfect face to be behind a camera. Mirrors are instruments of evil.

8:
I have trouble accepting things from people. Lunch. A bottle of spice. I just get so depressed that I want to jump off a bridge. There should be a number 9. I regret ever everything. I know I will regret posting this.

I will try to send this on to others and then will add the list later.

3 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

# 10. You are a wonderful person and saved me from the depths of hell and made me realize life is worth living.

And I always enjoy our conversations, interesting, witty, laughter, rational, calm, inteligent (that is you, me I am all over the map)

L.M.Noonan said...

Maybe this confession will jump up and bite you on the arse, but I doubt it. Letting a few things out of closets is usually liberating. I once read some droll interview with andy warhol and he said something to the effect that for example: you have a great big inflamed pimple on your face. you can either angst over what people are thinking about it or you can choose to announce straight up "I have a hideous, oozing pimple in the middle of my face".
Anyway there was nothing in your list that was cause for consternation. And as for the on stage thing...there's a ham in mant of us-no slur on your abilities my friend.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Thank you for the honesty. A solitary man who really like the stage lights, is gifted, cares about others and doesn't know the beauty behind the camera. Or does he? I've seen that self portrait in the binoculars photo.

Comments

Please leave comments or constructive criticism on my entries. If you would like a reply, email me at kulwar@gmail dot com

My Blog List

  • - Michael Michael died March 26, 2022. He spent 8 days in Hospice, was free of pain, coherent, had many visitors. It has been so wonderful to see all the lov...
    2 years ago